22 July 2020
The responses for the Hagley Census conducted in 2020 have now been analysed. Some of the initial findings are given below.
- 41% of Hagley residents responded to the survey.
- When mapped, the responding households show a complete coverage of the developed area of the Parish. This is considered to be a good and representative response.
- 40% of respondents have been living in Hagley for more than 20 years.
- The majority of respondents live in one and two person households, in three and four bedroomed detached and semi-detached privately owned houses.
- 75% of the respondents considered there was no need for further housing around Hagley but 42% would accept some more housing if it was for Hagley needs only. Reasons given were:
- Amount of recent developments
- Protection of the Green Belt
- Congestion on the roads
- Cars are the main form of transport for respondents but traffic congestion and pollution are major issues with only 15% citing congestion as a minor problem. There was substantial support for:
- Restricting loading/un-loading to certain times at the shops (40%)
- Constructing a by-pass around Hagley (45%)
- 77% of respondents believe that parking in Hagley should be improved.
- There was substantial support for better maintenance of pavements (54%) and for creating more cycle lanes (54%).
- Two thirds of respondents commented on the importance of trees and hedgerows in the natural environment and a similar number were concerned about noise and other pollution.
Hagley Census Timeline and Information
22 July 2020
Initial analysis of the responses to the Hagley census. Some of the findings are listed above
28 February 2020
Over 1,000 households who have responded to the Hagley Census 2020 – a response rate of just over 40%. We will publish the initial analysis on the website in Late Spring/early summer.
18 February 2020
Thank you to everyone who has completed the Hagley Census 2020 – the census has now closed and the Neighbourhood Plan team will be reviewing all of the responses when they have been collated. It’s looking like the response rate will be over 40% which is excellent.
8 February 2020
We are half way through the response period and we already have around a 20% response rate…but we would like this to be a lot higher.
The closing date for responses is Monday 17 February.
For anyone requiring help with the form, the final drop in session will be on Saturday 15 February between 10am and 1pm at the Hagley Parish Council Office.
31 January 2020
Thank you for visiting the Hagley Neighbourhood Plan website and for taking the time to complete the Census. Please make sure you enter your unique 6 digit reference code printed on your paper copy of the survey preceded with the word “Ref”.
18 January 2020
The Hagley Census documents will be delivered on or around Saturday 1 February 2020. There will be several ways in which you can submit your responses (by freepost, in one of two post boxes in the village or online). All will be explained in the letter that arrives with your Census.
We are also planning a number of drop in sessions to allow residents to come and discuss their issues with us. We can assist residents to complete and submit their forms too. The more responses we get, the better. Dates are given below:
Wednesday 5 February 2020 2pm – 4pm – drop in session at the Library
Saturday 8 February 2020 10am – 1pm – drop in session at the Parish Council Office
Saturday 15 February 2020 10am – 1pm – drop in session at the Parish Council Office
13 December 2019
Look out for the Hagley Census which will be dropping through your letterbox in mid January 2020. We are encouraging everyone to respond as the more responses we get, the stronger our evidence base is for Hagley NP which residents of Hagley will be asked to vote on.
Return to the Home page by clicking here