22 July 2020
During lockdown the Neighbourhood Plan Group have analysed the Hagley Census 2020 data and below are several statistics and points which have been collated to share with Hagley residents.
We will be sharing further findings from the census over the next couple of months.
- 41% of Hagley residents responded to the survey and when plotted on a map, shows a complete coverage of the developed area of the Parish. This is considered to be a good and representative response;
- 40% of respondents have been living in Hagley for more than 20 years;
- The majority of respondents live in one and two person households but mostly living in three and four bedroomed detached and semi-detached privately owned houses;
- 75% of the respondents considered there was no need for further housing around Hagley but 42% would accept some more housing if it was for Hagley needs only;
- The reasons for considering there to be no need for more housing round Hagley related to the amount of recent developments, protection of the Green Belt and congestion on the roads;
- Respondents overwhelmingly use their cars as their main form of transport but also see traffic congestion and pollution as major issues;
- Only about 15% of respondents believed that congestion was a minor problem and there was substantial support for:
– Restricting loading/underloading to certain times at the shops (40% of respondents)
– Constructing a by-pass around Hagley (45%)
- 77% of respondents believe that parking in Hagley should be improved;
- At 54%, there is substantial support for better maintenance of footways (pavements) and for creating more cycle lanes (54%);
- Two thirds of respondents commented on the importance of trees and hedgerows in the natural environment and a similar number were concerned about noise and other pollution.
28 February 2020
Thank you once again to over 1,000 households who have responded to the Hagley Census 2020 – a response rate of just over 40% which is fantastic! The Neighbourhood Plan Group will get the data back to analyse in mid-March to help inform the neighbourhood plan. Watch this space for some of the headlines!
18 February 2020
Thank you to everyone who has completed the Hagley Census 2020 – the census has now closed and the Neighbourhood Plan team will be reviewing all of the responses when they have been collated. It’s looking like the response rate will be over 30% which is excellent!
Watch this space for more news on the Census results.
8 February 2020
We are half way through the response period and we already have around a 20% response rate…but would like this to be a lot higher!
After the first two drop in sessions, we have helped several people to fill in the Census Form but generally residents seem to have found the form easy to complete.
The final “drop in” session will be on Saturday 15 February between 10am and 1pm at the Hagley Parish Council Office.
The closing date for responses is Monday 17 February.
31 January 2020
Thank you for visiting the Hagley Neighbourhood Plan website and for taking the time to complete the Census.
Please make sure you enter your unique reference code carefully before proceeding with the survey! This is the 6 digit code you will find on your paper copy of the survey preceded with the word “Ref”.
Once you’ve completed your survey, why not have a look around the Hagley Neighbourhood Plan website and bookmark it as a favourite and check in from time to time to see the latest news. Click here to go to the home page
18 January 2020
The Hagley Census should hit your doorstep on Saturday 1 February 2020. There will be several ways in which you can submit your responses (by freepost, in one of two post boxes in the village and even online) which will be explained in your letter that arrives with the Census.
We are also planning a number of drop in sessions to allow residents to come and discuss their issues with us. We can assist residents to complete and submit their forms too. The more responses we get, the better!
Wednesday 5 February 2020 2pm – 4pm – drop in session at the Library
Saturday 8 February 2020 10am – 1pm – drop in session at the Parish Council Office
Saturday 15 February 2020 10am – 1pm – drop in session at the Parish Council Office
13 December 2019
Look out for the Hagley Census which will be dropping through your letterbox in mid January 2020 – we are encouraging everyone to respond because the more responses we get, the stronger our evidence base is for the eventual Neighbourhood Plan that we will asking the residents of Hagley to vote on.